May 7, 2019 @ 7:00 pm
Boring Fire Station
28655 SE Hwy 212
Boring, OR 97009
Learn about why Clackamas County may regulate short-term rental properties

A short-term, or vacation rental, is generally defined as renting all or part of a furnished home, apartment or condominium for a limited stay (typically 30 days or less), typically on a nightly or weekly basis. Since an increasing number of county homeowners are interested in using their residences for short-term rentals, and the county’s zoning code does not specifically address short-term rentals, it is time to decide whether the county should allow and regulate this use.

Whether you rent out your residence or want to, or live near someone who does, you’re invited to learn more about this topic and let us know your thoughts about possible regulations. Specific issues to be discussed include types and locations of residences where this use may be allowed and operational aspects that may be regulated such as garbage collection, off-street parking, maximum days rented per year, noise, the maximum number of occupants, and building and fire safety.

Meetings are open to the public and in most cases are hosted by the local Community Planning Organization or Hamlet.

  • May 7 at 7 p.m.: Boring Fire Station, 28655 SE Highway 212, Boring (hosted by Boring CPO)
  • May 18 at 10:30 a.m.: Mt. Hood Oregon Resort Trees Room, 68010 E. Fairway Ave., Welches (hosted by Rhododendron CPO)
  • May 20 at 6:30 p.m.: Development Services Building Room 115, 150 Beavercreek Road, Oregon City (hosted by Clackamas County)
  • May 22 at 7 p.m.: Beavercreek Grange Hall, 22041 S. Kamrath Road, Oregon City (hosted by Beavercreek Hamlet)
  • May 28 at 7 p.m.: Gladstone Church of the Nazarene, 4180 SE Jennings Ave., Milwaukie (hosted by Jennings Lodge CPO)
  • June 3 at 7 p.m.: Clackamas Fire District Station 5, 9339 SE Causey Ave., Happy Valley (hosted by Sunnyside/West Mt. Scott CPO)
  • June 11 at 7 p.m.: Stafford Primary School, 19875 SW Stafford Road, West Linn (hosted by Stafford Hamlet)

For more information, to submit comments online or find other meetings: www.clackamas.us/planning/str or 503-742-4529.