The Library Advisory Board has two open seats for the Sandy service area and one for the Hoodland service area. Come to an upcoming meeting to see what we do, then apply to join us.
The Sandy/Hoodland Library Advisory Board meets on the first Wednesday of most months from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm. April and November meetings are held at Hoodland Library, all others held at Sandy Library. The Board meets at least 6 times per year.
What does the Library Advisory Board do?
- Advise and support the Library Director and staff.
- Be informed about the library’s mission, services, policies, and programs.
- Serve on committees or task forces and offer to take on special assignments.
- Inform others about the library.
- Keep up-to-date on developments in the library field.
- Review the library’s annual financial statements, and advise on its fiduciary responsibilities.