One of the most important goals of the Boring-Damascus Community Connection is to promote and connect members of our community with the broad array of social, educational, and community activities that occur in our community. If you know of a meeting, event, or other activity that should be listed and promoted on our calendar, we encourage you to contact us!
The Boring Damascus Community Connection and the work of our leadership team is grounded in a set of important and fundamental core values that include: community unity, community service, friendship, respect, diversity, inclusiveness, public education, and dialogue. In addition to these core values, here are some of the factors we will consider when deciding to list an event on our calendar:
- We will list social, educational and service activities and events that take place in Boring, Barton, Damascus, Eagle Creek, Gresham, and Sandy, Oregon. We will also consider activities and events outside of this area where the activity is likely to be of interest to people who live and work in our core service area.
- We are available to list any government or quasi-government meetings or activities which occur within our core service area.
- We will enthusiastically promote social, educational, and service activities that are offered broadly to the public by non-profit organizations and businesses that do not discriminate against any individuals or group on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- We will promote the meetings and gatherings of private organizations provided that membership to the organization is generally open to all interested individuals and the organization does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- We will list the services and related activities of well-established churches in our community seeking to provide a forum for individuals to practice their chosen religion so long as those churches openly and indiscriminately invite others in our community to join them in that regard. To provide the best experience for our users we will combine Sunday service listings for all churches into a single recurring event.
- Our leadership team will consider listing events sponsored by individuals not affiliated with an organization or business on a case by case basis after evaluating the nature and goals of the activity and other circumstances.
- We will promote non-partisan political forums that are open to the public and intended to educate people about issues and candidates that are of interest to our community. We will not list partisan political activities, forums, meetings, or activities. Whether or not an activity is partisan in nature will be determined in the sole discretion of our leadership team
- We will not list or promote any event or activity that is illegal, unethical, immoral or inconsistent with our core values. Our leadership team reserves the right and the sole discretion to make a final decision about whether to list any event or activity regardless of the general policy guidelines listed above.
Disclaimer of Endorsement and Liability
Please understand that the decision by the Boring-Damascus Community Connection and its leadership team to list or not list an event on our calendar does not imply any endorsement or lack thereof of the activity or its sponsoring organization, business or individual. Further, the Boring-Damascus Community Connection does not accept any responsibility or liability whatsoever for the events and activities listed on our calendar which are not directly and explicitly sponsored by the Boring-Damascus Community Connection. All liability associated with any listed event rests solely and exclusively with the organization, business, or individual sponsoring the event or activity.