When: Mon, January 01, 2018 12:00 am – Fri, January 19, 2018 11:00 pm Open Volunteer Spots: Unlimited

Clackamas County Commissioners are seeking interested residents to serve on county Advisory Boards and Commissions (ABCs). These ABCs offer residents the opportunity to become very involved in specific activities and the goals of Clackamas County.

New ABC openings from the past week include:

Compensation Board for Elected Officials: This board has one vacancy available on this three member board. Members serve for 4 years and attend four to five meetings (typically 2 hours each) between early April and mid-May each year. Duties of the Compensation Board for Elected Officials include annual review of Clackamas County elected officials’ salaries and submission of a recommended compensation schedule to the county’s Budget Committee. Subject salaries include those of the County Sheriff, Assessor, Treasurer, Clerk, Commissioners, District Attorney and Justice of the Peace. Application deadline is February 1. For more information contact Heather Pedersen at (503) 742-5484 or heatherped@clackamas.us.

Economic Development Commission: This commission has eight vacancies each of which carry a three-year term. Members meet and make recommendations to the Board of County Commissioners on matters pertaining to the support and growth of a balanced, sustainable economy within the county and cities within the County. The board is committed to balance and diversity of commission membership in the areas of geography, employment, interest, education and experience. Applicants from the traded sector business community with demonstrated leadership, commitment or expertise in business and economic development are encouraged to apply.

Application deadline is January 19.

For more information contact Catherine Grubowski-Johnson, Business and Economic Development, at 503-742-4303. DO NOT USE THE FORM BELOW. Individuals interested in these opportunities can apply online at http://bitly.com/ClackCoABCs or via a paper form that can be obtained from the Public & Government Affairs Department by calling 503-655-8751 or in person at the Public Services Building at 2051 Kaen Road in Oregon City.

Sign Up to Volunteer

Please wait...
Thanks for signing up. You'll receive a confirmation email shortly.
It looks like you already signed up for this opportunity.
We're sorry, but we weren't able to sign you up. We have no more open spots.
Please fill in every field and make sure you entered a valid email address.